Goatskin Rug Care
As with most natural animal hides they do shed hair. You can gently vacuum your hide but we recommend you shake outside regularly and leave in a cool place to allow the air to blow through the rug.
Do not wash!
Specialist Dry Clean Only!
Make sure you use a company that has previous experience with goatskin rugs. They should do a test area first to make sure it does not get damaged.
Small spills can be moped up quickly and a mild detergent used, do not allow the hide to get too wet. If the hide does get wet make sure you dry it naturally away from any heat source. Preferably dry outside, out of direct sunlight. Once the hide your goatskin has dried thoroughly these hides will benefit from a gentle brush through with a wire sheepskin brush or similar type pet brush.
If you take care of your Goatskin Rug it will give you many years of pleasure.
- This product can be dry cleaned.
- We would recommend using a company that has experience with cleaning animal skin rugs.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damage that may be caused by this process and you should seek professional advice before proceeding with this type of cleaning method.
- If you intend on storing your animal skin rug for any length of time we recommend that it be kept in a cool dry, airy position avoiding direct sunlight or damp environments.
- Do not store in plastic packaging for any extended period as condensation and creasing may occur.
- After Storage, if you have folded your animal skin rug to store away, the crease marks will diminish over a period of time. Simply give your rug a good shake and carefully brush through the wool fibres or hair to renew the soft lustre.